[vc_row][one_whole][vc_column_text]Ok – so I thought that one might get your attention!If you’re getting close to FINALLY having had enough of things not going right and being hard work, then you won’t want to miss today’s article. I’m sharing with you some Ancient Wisdom and a whole bunch of solutions. No lettuces were hurt in the production of this article. 😉
The lovely Andrea Lee reminded me of a story told Thích Nhất Hạnh today:
“When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don’t blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce.
Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce.Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument.
That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change”Thích Nhất Hạnh
And it goes even deeper than that.
It’s not just about our relationships – the ‘blaming-the-lettuce-syndrome’ applies to EVERYTHING we create in our lives.
If we fall in love with a dream project, but it doesn’t go to plan, we blame the lettuce.
If our career falls apart or we don’t bag that dream promotion or amazing customer, we blame the lettuce.
If we feel exhausted or fed up or miserable or lost or stuck or confused or stressed or anxious, chances are we’re blaming the lettuce.
Whenever the warning signs come up that we’re blocking our Abundance – that we’re sabotaging our health, happiness, vitality, energy levels, relationships and success – we blame the lettuce.
We do whatever we can to avoid looking in the mirror and taking responsibility for the choices we have made – for the thoughts, words and actions that were ours and ours alone.
When life falls apart and Abundance flies out of the window, it’s much easier to blame the lettuce than to look in the mirror and do something about it.
In fact, we go further than that. We don’t just blame the lettuce, we use it as our excuse – our justification for why things didn’t work out the way we wanted.
But blaming the lettuce means you’re throwing away your personal power – you’re keeping yourself stuck, because the lettuce is never going to do anything to change things for you.
Because YOU and ONLY YOU hold the power to make the changes your Soul has been dreaming of. You can always CHOOSE to change you thoughts, your words and your actions.
And that can transform your experience of life.
And, what’s even more amazing, is that you don’t have to wait to take back control and make those changes, you can start with your very next breath. If you want to.[/vc_column_text][/one_whole][/vc_row][vc_row][one_whole][vc_column_text]
Let’s do it – right now!
- Sit or stand comfortably, with your back fairly straight, your chin tucked gently under and your shoulders relaxed, your eyes softly closed.
- Think of something that feels ‘stuck’ or ‘broken’ in your life (make it a 2-3 out of 10 for this round!)
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth with an ‘ahhh’ sound, as you let go of stress and tension. Do this 3 times.
- Now let yourself rest for a few moments, simply observing the physical sensations of your breathing – and if your mind wanders, gently guide it back to watching your breath.
- When you feel ready:
- as you breathe in, say to yourself, “I reclaim my power to choose.”
- as you breathe out, say to yourself, “I let go and trust my Inner Wisdom.”
- Keep doing this for the next few minutes, allowing yourself to feel grounded – and perhaps noticing the sense of relief as you let go of trying so hard and you stand in your Soul’s power.
- Now, when you feel that process has created a shift, with each in-breath and each out-breath, say to yourself, “I AM ABUNDANT!” Keep going for at least 10 breaths, allowing “I am Abundant!” to effortlessly permeate every cell in your body.
- When you feel ready, gently release the practice, dedicating its power to someone or somewhere who needs that energy – because sharing the energy helps it to grow.
- Open your eyes, have a good stretch and notice what has shifted for you.
So how did you get on? What did you notice? Perhaps you’d like to tell me, via the comments?
Which areas of your life are screaming at you (however silently!) to stop blocking your Abundance, to stop blaming the lettuce?
It would be an honour to help you more on this, if your heart is calling you to dive in and make some changes.
How about joining me us for my 28 Day Abundance Blocks training? Find out for yourself why people are raving about this course – and how it is empowering them to finally release the blocks they didn’t realise were holding them back: Click here to find out more & register now.
Absolutely no worries if it’s not for you! But I’d be being unfair if I didn’t let you know and you missed out. 🙂
I hope today’s technique has helped you. If it has, please do share it with your friends via Facebook / Twitter etc. And thank you for taking the time to run through it. Your ‘future you’ is busy doing a happy dance right now!
See you soon!
With love, Namaste,
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][fancy-ul icon_type=”standard_dash” icon=”icon-glass” color=”Accent-Color”][/fancy-ul][/vc_column][/vc_row]