Here’s a super-easy quick fix for whenever you’re feeling stressed or worried, for whatever reason. You can do it any time, any place – even when you’re surrounded by people. And once you know how to do it, it’ll become second nature, helping you gently let go of whatever is bothering you in a matter of seconds.
Sounds good? Here’s how to do it!
If you are feeling tense, stressed or worried, this exercise takes less than 60 seconds to release those feelings:
- Sit or stand still and close your eyes.
- Focus on your feet contacting with the floor and imagine yourself growing strong roots, deep into the earth, like a tree. You might imagine seeing or feeling these roots growing, anchoring and grounding you.
- Focus for a moment on the feeling. Ask yourself, “Where in my body do I feel this?”
- With your next in-breath, breathe in to this area of your body, imagining the breath is absorbing the tension or stress.
- With the next out-breath, breathe the feeling out through your body, down your legs and through your feet into the earth. Breathe it out gently, allowing it to flow away, rather than forcing it.
- Continue with this breath for a minute or so, until the feeling has completely gone.
Repeat whenever necessary.
There you go – easy – and quick.
Please do let me know how you get on with this one, via the comments box.
With love, Namaste,
P.S. If you enjoyed this short meditation and would like to find out more about meditating, mindfulness, de-stressing and dealing with your Monkey Mind’s inner critic, then don’t miss my free 7 day online course: “How To Meditate, Made Easy“. You might be amazed how quickly 10 minutes a day could change your life 🙂